Saturday, November 19, 2011

NAIL FAIL: quirky sci-fi

Hi Everyone,

I've got a 'Nail Fail' for you today.

For those of you unfamiliar with this series:
     Nail Fails are posts that I publish with no particular regularity.  I only post updates to this series when I attempt to create a nail design which didn't remotely resemble my intended aesthetic, or for some other reason simply falls short of my expectations.  It certainly doesn't mean that it's necessarily an 'ugly' design.  But for some reason or other, I decided to ditch the tutorial and not post it to
my Youtube channel.
     So instead, as my blog followers, you get to see the reality of my nail art trials and tribulations and the reality of my craft: not every design is a winner.
I've done some designs that didn't quite work out and I've been lazy about posting them so here you go.  I'll be posting one each day for the next few days.


     This one I called: Quirky Sci Fi.  That's kinda what I think of when I see this design.
I had no real design intent when I started creating this on a whim.  But i'm not super in love with it.
I think it looks sic-fi to me because of the orange dots over the yellow line.  It makes me think of the visual trail that'd be temporarily left behind when a cartoon space ship, or flying/hovering vehicle passes by.  hmm.. I was originally thinking that it reminded me of Star Trek, but now after that description i'm imagining The Jetsons.
     I do like how the cluster of dots appears very imperfect.  I think I did end up using that style of dots in a tutorial later.  But here, it does look a bit odd.  Kind of like a mud trail that a dog that was playing fetch out in the rain would leave behind,
     Okay.  That's enough visualization for this design.

For the colour curious, the polishes I used are:
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Evening Fog
Orly - Orly Platinum
LA Colours Art Deco - Black striper polish
Color Club - Almost Famous
Color Club - Wham Pow!

What do you think?
Do you love it?  Or are you kinda thinking, "meh" like I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment