Sunday, October 30, 2011

NOTD: Lavender/Taupe Ombre Nails

Happy Sunday Everybody!

Here's an old pic of a Nail of the Day from the first week of October.
Now i'm personally a huge fan of the ombre trend.  Yes, I know it's very last year, but what can I say.  It's a great subtle way to add a bit of spice to your manicure - in a way that's very work and school appropriate.

I must admit that although I love a great ombre manicure, if i've got a craving for some real eye catching nail art this isn't what you should be going for.

For this manicure I used 5 different polishes:
{from thumb to pinkie}
China Glaze - Diva Bride
OPI - Steady As She Rose
OPI - Done Out In Deco
Essie - Chinchilly
Essie - Power Clutch

2 comments:

  1. Wait so Ombre is just painting each nail a coordinating color from a shade palette?

    I am confused. I think I am confusing Ombre and Gradient

    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the terms Ombre and Gradient are interchangeable.

    I like to think of 'gradient' as when on a nail the colour fades from one to another. and 'ombre' when the colour gradually changes across finger nails. --whether this is done with different polish colours or by mixing a single colour with different amounts of black and white, or with different colours altogether.

    ReplyDelete