Sunday, August 7, 2011

HAUL: American Apparel Nail Lacquer - First Impression





I was in the mall a few days ago with a friend and we were right by American Apparel.  This is not a store that I shop at.  I do not like their advertisements, I don't like their prices, and their clothes are not particularly my style.  However, all that being said, I have been hemming and hawing over their polishes since they first came out.

I have a list of colors in their nail polish line that I'd love to try.  At the top of that list is Butter as seen here on All Lacquered Up's swatch.
Of course that is the one color this particular store didn't have.  They thought that they might have had some in the back.  But alas, that pale yellow nail polish was not to be mine that day.  But since I was there and the polishes were 3 for $18 I figured I'd still buy a few and try them out.

I love the packaging.  I love the shape of the bottles.  the logo on the front is nice and the handle is smooth black plastic.  The brush is on the longer side (due to the shape of the bottle) but the bristles are very flexible and fan out very nicely to make application a total dream (so far).

Here are the three colors I got:


Yup.  It's official.  I'm in LOVE.  Although I've only tried L'Esprit so far (and only did a test swatch of Army Jacket on my friend) the formulas are AWESOME!!  I wore L'Esprit yesterday and even though it was a creamy lavender, it applied like a dream and was opaque in ONE COAT!  I was astounded after the first nail.  It was of medium thickness and it dried nicely.  
{{The wicked opacity makes me very interested to see how well they'd work with stamping}}

I'm so excited to try the other two.
There are definitely others that I need to go back for - Butter and Office, i'm looking at you.

Do you own American Apparel Nail Lacquers?  Do you have any colors you'd recommend that are 'Must Haves'?

2 comments:

  1. Aren't they awesome? I thought they were $6 each or 3 for $15 - did they increase prices?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ABOP that's the price of the polishes in Canada. If you live in the States, it's probably cheaper there.

    ReplyDelete