Friday, July 29, 2011

Faux Crackle Manicure - Nail Art Tutorial

This tutorial was inspired by the whole crackle/shatter nail polish trend that's been happening this past season.
I'm not a fan of the trend personally (mostly because I don't like the shape of the crackles..  lol..  yep.  I'm picky.)  But I do like the idea of it.
So I created this tutorial that anyone can do at home without having to invest in any special crackle polishes.
Enjoy!


Materials used:
Lise Watier - Pearl Beige (discontinued)
Lace - from local fabric store
Essie - Good To Go Top Coat.

***note***
I did try using one base color and a second color on top to get a more true "crackle" effect.  It did not work at all.  Both colors ended up getting lifted by the lace, and it wasn't even remotely neat or pretty.  yuk.
So if you want a more dramatic effect, try using a darker color that's more contrasting to your skin tone.

1 comment:

  1. BM215 has a design that looks like crackle... I have been using it lately... i like it!! :)

    Cool idea btw.... thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete