Saturday, May 21, 2011

Quick Tip: How to Clean Nail Art Brushes

I've been asked several times how I clean my nail art brushes.  I finally made a video on it.  It's pretty simple but hopefully it will help some of you out.

Please keep in mind, I do mention in the video that I do clean the brush with nail polish remover both BEFORE and AFTER to doing this little trick.

I'll have a list of the materials used under the video.


Materials used:
Nail Polish Remover
- I use the brand ONYX (from walmart or london drugs) but you can use any brand of your choice.

Clear Nail Polish
- I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Invisible (from walmart or drug store). But again, ANY clear polish will work with this trick.

I would also use a circle cotton pad at the end, but, like I said, I didn't have one with me when I was filming.
They can be purchased at your local drugstore or walmart, walgreens, etc.

The brush I was cleaning is not actually a "nail art brush" it is a thin acrylic paint brush I bought from my local art store. there are lots of inexpensive brushes you can use for nail art that can be bought at your local art store. (I think this one was around $2 - $5.

Good Luck!

4 comments:

  1. I actually threw a brush away because the color would not come out an never open my new nail design brush because I worried about cleaning it. This tutorial is perfect!

    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely genius! Finally someone who knows what to do! Rather then dumping a brush in a bottle of acetone. :s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really helpful.It usually costs me much time to clean the nail art brush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s really expensive and challenging tips for cleaning nails. Eyelash Extensions Melbourne

    ReplyDelete