Friday, March 18, 2011

NOTD: Rebellion against Green

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day.  I wore a jade and gold necklace and some simple one colored green nails.  (I wore Essie's Going Incognito.)

I'm not really a huge green nails kinda girl and after several fails at trying to spice up my plain manicure with some glitter water marbling I ended up removing all the polish and starting from scratch.  I almost just re-applied the green b/c I'm kinda already known at work as the girl with the nice nails, and I didn't want to be bombarded with the question of "How many times a week do you change your manicure?"  (the answer to which is 'usually once a week')  But I just wasn't in the mood to reapply green.  So instead I went anti green ... sorta.

I did a naked purple glitter reverse moon manicure.
and frankly, I Love it!



Here's what I used:
OPI - Matte Nail Envy nail strengthener
OPI - Natural Nail Base Coat
Orly - Goth (it's a black sparsely flecked with small silver glitters)
Wet'n'Wild - Night Prowl. (dark purple shimmer)
Seche Vite

I created the curve of the moon with small circle stickers I got from Staples.

I think it's hot!  and just in time for the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment